Imagine seeing the crime-ridden world of Vice City in VR with a 360-degree view of the world, where you can move your head, letting you see the world in a better and more immersive manner where the sights and sounds of the city are better. Then look no further than this video posted on YouTube by VRified Games.
Main Point of the News
- The video posted by VRified Games on YouTube shows the crime-ridden world of Vice City in VR using PPSSPP VR on SideQuest.
- SideQuest is an app for your computer that makes it easy to install games and apps onto standalone Oculus VR headsets.
- The PPSSPP VR is an APK that enables you to play PSP games on your Oculus Quest in 3D and is open source.
- With the help of tutorials and a bit of technical knowledge, it is easy to set up and enjoy playing PSP games in 3D on your Oculus Quest.
In one of the comments, a user asked the uploader on how easy it is to do and this was his reply. This was done using the PPSSP VR on the sidequest and according to the uploader, it is very easy to do.
For those of you who did not know what the terms in the above picture mean then we are here to help you:
- SideQuest is an app for your computer that makes it easier to get games and apps onto your standalone Oculus VR headset. It’s open-source, which means that it’s free to use and the code is available for anyone to look at or improve. With SideQuest, you can easily install games and apps by simply dragging and dropping the APK file onto the app. It’s a handy tool for getting more out of your Oculus Quest or Oculus Go headset.
- The PPSSPP VR is an APK that you can easily download from the web. It is an app that is open source and it enables you to play the PSP games on your oculus quest in 3D. The PSP games use a typical 3D approach and used projection matrix to help with the 3D perspective unlike the PS2 and it makes it easy to define the whole matrix in a 3D view. Tweaking helped the developer of the PPSSPP VR to make it easy for you to play PSP games in 3D.
If you are clever enough and know how to use YouTube to find tutorials, then it will be very easy for you to set this up on your Oculus Quest and enjoy your favorite PSP games in 3D.
Do let us know in the comments section if you knew about this method of playing PSP games on your oculus quest and if you will be willing to try this or not. We at TopTierList were happy on finding this method and have tried many of our favorite PSP games on the Oculus Quest.
Up Next: “The Room” Developers Working on an Unannounced VR Game